We take the future of our investors and partners very seriously and, with this in mind, deliver real expertise each and every day. Micheal Hahn, founder of Hahn Group
The fundamental basis of our business activity is our many years of experience in the large-scale retail property market sector. We cover the whole life cycle of a property investment and every step of the value creation process. Our clients and partners rely on us during this process. In order to justify the trust placed in us, our business is based on clearly defined principles.
- We invest: with foresight.
- We develop: maximising returns.
- We act: reliably.
- We work: networked.
- We think: focussed.
- We react: holistically.
For us this means: Expertise in Retail Property.
Strategy concentration and adding value
The Hahn Group is a specialist in the large-scale retail property market sector. Thanks to the active networking of our asset, fund and property managers, we can offer a full palette of know-how in the management of large-scale retail properties.
Cornerstones of our company strategy
- Specialisation: we focus our real estate competence on the retail sector.
- Maximum added value: we cover the whole value creation process and the whole life cycle of retail properties.
- Full-service fund business: we conceive, place and manage fund-style investment products.
- Security and enhancement of rental income: we generate sustainable rental growth through the continual improvement of the assets under management.
Overview of our scope of services
One-stop shop for the entire range of market and property know-how. Overview of our individual services:
- Research and portfolio management: location, market and property analysis, target group analysis, operator analysis, market development analysis
- Acquisition of sites, buildings and property-owning companies
- Project development as joint venture
- Real estate agency
- Fund concept
- Raising equity capital
- Raising debt capital
- Funds management, investor support
- Management of own property portfolio
- Asset management: further development of existing portfolio, revitalisation, repositioning, location optimisation, leasing concepts and implementation, new lettings and reletting
- Center management
- Property management (commercial, technical, infrastructural)
- Repositioning, sale of property
Special features of large-scale Retail Properties
Large-scale retail property has a number of special features, which distinguishes it from residential and office property. The Hahn Group has established itself as a specialist in the large-scale retail property market segment. The properties we are involved with are mainly large retail parks, hypermarkets, supermarkets and DIY stores.
Very scarce asset class
The development of large-scale retail property is based on very strict due diligence requirements. The German Land Use Ordinance (Baunutungszverordnung) states that only a limited number of hypermarkets, retail parks and supermarkets may be permitted per location. This means that the availability of attractive investment properties is limited. Consequently, regulated competition produces high demand, and properties developed in permitted locations hold their values well and enjoy stable rental incomes.
High demand level
The regulation of large-scale retail property development ensures that demand is correspondingly high on the tenant side.
|Hypermarkets/supermarkets ||> 1,500 sq m town centre/out-of-centre|
|DIY stores ||> 8,000 sq m out-of-centre|
|Retail warehouse agglomerations||> 3,000 sq m town centre/out-of-centre|
|Retail parks||> 3,000 sq m town centre/out-of-centre|
|Shopping centres ||> 3,000 sq m town centre/out-of-centre|
Long-term lease contracts
Due to the limited availability of properties, there is great interest from tenants to establish and make long term commitment to particular locations. Therefore, the typical market lease contract for large-scale retail property generally has a fixed contractual term of 10 to 15 years.
Strong covenant tenants
Principal tenants are predominantly leading internationally active retail companies and all have very good covenant strength. These include EDEKA, REWE, Kaufland, real, OBI and Hagebau.